a moment in 3D

Last night I sat in my living room with my two roommates and I realized how blessed I am.  I love the seasons where life becomes extra rich. Those days when I notice things like they are in 3d versus the rest of the world which appears then in 2d and all that is beautiful is hyper rich and all that I see, do and touch is magic and not of this world.  Sunday I walked to church with the beautiful white moon standing above the church surrounded by purple and pink edged cotton candy clouds.

The leaves of the trees glowed with yellow fire and life felt surreal. The children in my Sunday School class were wild and free full of joy and laughter dancing and laughing in fellowship and the word of God, my heart felt so full. I thought whether or not I ever have my own family and own children I love these.  I love when they wrap their arms around me in a hug and look at me with impish twinkles in their eyes, trying to get away with mischief.  Sitting there with them, unlocking the mysteries of the friendship of David and Jonathan through their eyes.... contentment filled me.

Later that night, after a fun bible study about the blessings of God and desiring Him so that all other desires fall away, I looked around me again.  My two roommates and I just sitting in the living room and I sighed...I am happy.  Yes, I know, it won't last forever. Seasons will continue to come and go.  But this season, this season I know! and I love it!!  It is a season of peace and joy and happiness. No all of my longings may still be there but I am not focused on them.  Love may not sit before me in the fashion I have longed for but I am content.  And this season of contentment is wonderful and I am going to enjoy it as long as it lasts.  Because it is beautiful, it is wonderful to not focus on what I don't have...but to focus on what I do have...a great life.  Thank you Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts