the lords goodness in healing hearts

What, what would have become of me had I not believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living....

A Christmas tree, glowing with white lights.  The memories of yester'sdays hang from its branches.  The activities of the day swirl through my brain like a dark muddle.  Moments of awesomeness moments of waste.  Moments I wish I could take out and look at.  Snowflakes hang around the room suspended in beauty never melting...

Answered prayers set my heart aglow.  Unanswered questions raise a tizzy to and fro in my mind of emotions run wild.  Evaluating and reevaluating, constantly questioning and it all stops with one thought..."Do I truly believe that I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."

I set my expectations just so...so that...if disappointment comes I won't be shocked or surprised but just prepared.  However, there is no faith in that.  People keep saying, "Why do you shoot so low Crystal.  You should aim for higher.  But they don't realize the crash that comes with unmet lofty dreams.  SO I repented of my lack of faith and prayed for God to help me believe in His goodness and what I would see ...will see in this life...because what hit me is this...that to not believe that I will see God's goodness, His great wonderful epic goodness in this life....well then ...I need to fear what might become of me.  only that loss of hope leads to not good things...

I prayed this under a star lit sky as I drove home thanksgiving night.  Then it happened.  I walked into a crowded room and noticed you a smile upon your face.  You welcomed me with kindness and grace and I enjoyed a quiet moment surrounded by noise when everything slipped away to a hum...

the foggy roads, your cup of tea and mine of clear iceless water...your friend sat by and let us chat. and for a moment time stood still.

Comments

Popular Posts