Sun Snuggling

This morning the sun washed over me as I sat like a cat in its glory, sipping on warm chai tea, laughing with my roomie and nibbling on left over chicken wings that our other roommate had brought back for me from her date the night before.  I don't remember what we leisurely chatted about.  I just recall the feeling of pleasure of casually stretching and snuggling in my jammies and the sun.  

Casually I thought of my friend who is a single dad and how his mornings now consist of groggily staggering from bed and turning on the tv for his two year old then half awake making himself a cup of coffee to make it through the rest of his day.  I thought of my sister who has four kids and her days start running and end feeding a baby into the wee morning hours and leisurely sun snuggling moments are not for them.  In deed sleep is almost not for them.

The thought came to me  "enjoy this time".  This after noon I will be jealous of both of them for having the love of their kids and the reality of a family despite the work that goes into it.  In fact jealous of their work the boogy noses, dirty diapers and constant noise and wrangling.  But since at this time God knows it is best for me to be single then I am going to love the moments of relaxing in the sun and having time to hear myself think and laugh with friends I couldn't be with if I was married...and even writing down my thoughts.

Each season has different moments and types of love.  As Valentines draws closer I keep being reminded that I am surrounded by the love of the greatest lover of all time.  He who does not just have love but is literally love and therefore can never run out of love.  And each moment I take the time to stop and think I am astounded at  how well He knows me and provides for me.  

Comments

Popular Posts