Seek God not a meaningful life

One of the easiest lies that captures and robs the single person of a meaningful life...is the pursuit of a meaningful life.  Its a subtle shift.  I never  really saw it coming but I find myself trapped in it now.  Instead of learning to trust, seek and submit to God and His leading in my life I find myself judging and pursuing that which I find, call and believe to be meaningful.

Then I wonder why I feel like a chicken running around with my head cut off and no real purpose to my life.  The first thing we as singles, trying to live a full and rich life, must do is seek God.  We must learn and become attentive to His voice.  That way when He says sit, or sell shoes or serve  in the nursery we are not brow beaten into believing that we are failures but instead learning to trust.

If we seek to follow and trust God in our life and serve Him and others, our life will feel meaningful.  It will be meaningful reagardless of if we are making millions and standing in from or thousands of people or cleaning toilets. Someday if we do become married we will not be as likely to put our spouse in a place of trying to fulfill us because we will have already learned the art of letting God be our meaning and our actions be the out pouring of living and loving Him.  

Comments

Popular Posts