The Magic of Moonlight

I saw her standing there, a silhouette upon a distant hill, and in her hands she held a glowing orb.

Darkness swirled around her like a velvet dress reaching up as if she caused it distress…and somehow she glowed…beautiful like a luminescent beacon to a dying world. She was light and life inside the swirl of madness.

The light from that which was in her hands filled her, flowed through her, grew out of her…she shed light on the world in a different way. Her own unique beauty a glowing sway touching the darkness and bringing it life lighting its contours and ending its strife.

SO... I drew closer.

I enjoyed her laughter, her songs and her praise. A garden sat around her. I felt in a daze.

Then I saw it..., I realized ...she held in her hand a heart of liquid beauty of white moldable clay. a glowing life source. A beacon of glory...I sat mesmerized.

I pulled out my heart and tried to lift it.  I copied her with singing and praise.  I followed her motions I began to feel crazed and still my heart sat motionless…still and unfazed.

Finally I asked her what made her light up, what made her so happy so beautiful …unglazed.

She smiled and got brighter, more clearer and true.  "Sweet sweet surrender. I gave up the fight.  I laid down my brokenness and let in the light.  It started a fire down deep in my soul.  The cross and forgiveness, letting go of control. Jesus sweet Jesus!" and with tHis true name she burst more alive like a bright burning flame.

With that sweet name and with that pure joy my heart came to life in a beautiful new way.  I threw it up skyward and it burst into flame.  Like a starlight on a dark night that leads us on our way.  THen it settled in my hands with a deep stirring beat.  "Surrender, Surrender" I followed along and as I watched each beat transformed me until I came to light a glowing reminder of His true life…not me, but in me…I couldn't understand…

Then I saw it, on the horizon, larger than strife.  The moon rose above the kingdom bringing it to life. Such beauty, such grandeur, such magic and hope…Then it struck me that glowing beauty was nothing but fully surrendered to the light of the Sun.  And yet it took all the glory, received all the praise…but truly it was made to be that way…to rule the night with its glorious gaze.  And the sun was not angry or jealous or sad…the sun is what makes the moon so magical.

I looked at my hands now glorious light gently tending flowers, healing wounds …writing of life.   the glowing orb pulsing there …my heart reflecting a glorious stare …the world gathered round with questioning eyes…"I am a SERVANT!" I declare "Sweet Surrender to JESUS, thats what I do!"

He makes me beautiful. Laughter bubbles up.  Like the sun makes the moon glorious, I surrender and keep the benefits. Then I see it, someone watching, not me but the light…they come to life with laughter and singing,... peace not strife.  Their light is different, unique and their own but together we create a stunning new glow.

Comments

Popular Posts