Instant pleasure = no love...usually

It is hard to write about love now...I now longer live at the corner of 5th street.  Love does not appear to be a street I live on any longer either.  Online dating has an exciting element to it...but its also really hard.

Recently I had a man ask me where I would like to be kissed.  My innocent self would have been confused, where else can you kiss but on the lips.  However, my jaded no longer completely innocent self wrote this:

Would you kiss my neck and nibble my ear?
would you linger with your lips and draw me near?
Would you whisper sweet nothings that make my skin tingle and lace your fingers with mine until I giggle?

Would you hold me real close and never let go?
or break my heart like an old throw pillow?

Do you know the deepest mysteries of what makes love great?
 Have you swum the largest oceans or climbed the highest mountains or made a sacrifice for love so deep that nothing has ever beat...

the heat of a touch of a glance ....

Can you wait for time to grow love sweet and pick when love is ripe or do you take a chance and steal it...to soon
sweet glance ...hard fruit...wait on chance...something more behind times door.  Slow love or stolen deep long kisses?

I have learned now that you can take a moment because you want it...but it often costs you dearly in the long run....costs you what you actually want.  

Comments

Popular Posts