On wooing....

These last three weeks have been a media fast of facebook and my phone.  Each morning I wake up and drive a block away (a.k.a through a pasture) on a fourwheeler to my cousin Krik and his wife Jenn's log Cabin.  I sleep in an old blue house with a house mate I seldom see when we are not working and my dog Hope.  The alarm usually goes off around 5:45 am and I am usually out of the my house and over to Krik's to make a pot of coffee around 6:30am. These are all way to early times to be up in the morning but I like it :-)

As I drive I notice the mountains surroundimg me and revel in the crisp coolness of July.  The seat of the four wheeler is always wet so I have to stand up while I drive and I just smile with the wind in my face as I enjoy the ever changing wildflowers that line the road.  Each week it seems God brings out a new selection of beauty.

With my cup of hot coffee I usually enjoy a hard boiled egg, my bible and the sunrise while I wait for the others to wake up.  At 7:30 am the ranch meets as a team and we have singing worship, prayer and a question to ponder for the day.  Today's question was "If you believe that God loves you and is constantly trying to show you His love, How Does God personally woo you?"

Usually I help fence, we trek up and down mountainsides covered with columbine and millions of other colorful flowers I don't know the names of. Each day is a different breathtakingly beautiful day with white thundercaps and piercing blue skies...and barb wire ripping into my pants and arms.  Some days we ride horse back and on those days I really feel alive, bobbing and weaving through trees and racing across meadows filled with snow melt water splashing at our feet and birds racing me in the sky.

Today I had a doctors appointment to verify that my thumb, which accidently caught a fishing hook, was not infected.  This meant that instead of fishing or riding...I got to hay!  I love haying because I get to think.  you drive around and around and around and you have to focus ...but not to much.  So the question was How do you woo me God?

Around and around I went but instead of focusing on all God has done for me I kept focusing on all that He hasn't done. The questions he hasn't answered these weeks, the weight I haven't lost, the longings that just returned and won't go away, the cycle of learning the same things over and over again and never seeming to stay with getting it.  All of this I poured out over and over again throughout the hours of the day.  And then the questions:Who do I want to be in this season of my life? What is this season? How do I label it?  How do you woo me?

Normally I would look at my surroundings and my heart would leap with the beauty that this is how you woo me, how you show me your love.  But today while It was glorious, and you carved out peaceful time for us and while you allowed me to finish my job and finish it so well that it looked awesome...My heart felt no tril.  Even the answer of how you love me would not come to mind.

The only thought I had as I drove the tractor from the field was that I needed to write and that as I wrote , it would come to me, how He shows me His love.  And it has ...reflecting on my morning reminded me of the most beautiful verse I had never noticed before.  It touched my heart as I sipped my coffee and nibbled on an egg .

Psalm 62 : 8 "Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge."  Constantly I am pouring out my heart to God, sometimes in frustration, some times in adoration, sometimes in incessant gibberish...and He cares.  That is what struck me...He wants me to pour out my heart. He doesn't scold me or shame me or tell me what I need to do or point out how I am failing Him.  He embraces me just as I am and where I am...every moment of the day. And each day as He loves me so well my heart trusts Him more and His refuge more and I blossom more and more into the woman He wants me to be.  He woos me by listening and caring about every mundane thought and concern of my heart.

Words are the key to my heart...being able to share them and hearing words in return...Why am I always so surprised at how well God knows me!!  And what I love in this verse is that God is not like "fine tell me what is on your mind...now shut up and listen to Me."  It is more like a command, POUR OUT YOUR HEARTS!  who else in all the world cares to know what is in and on my heart?  But you do God!  How can I not trust you!!  You are my refuge, a safe haven for me.

You care, you stay, and you are a safe place for me...my heart melts.

Comments

Popular Posts