Love's Beauty

Everyday I fall more in love with God's beauty and graciousness to me.  There was an old log, a tangle of barb wire and in its mist the most unique Dr. Seuss like pink velvet spunky flowers I have ever seen.  Old, tangled, awkward used up beauty cast into the corner of a field of wildflowers under a bottomless blue sky filled with billowing white thunderheads. 

There it sat at my booted feet and it just captured me.  My God cares about everything the old, the awkward and the tangled mess and in the midst of their chaos He makes beauty.  There was a snort and a nudge from my horse to keep riding through the green meadows filled with the scent of sage and pine and laughter from those of us trying to move cows to better grass. Trying to get ahead.

A thousand thoughts swarm through my mind.  A million prayers with answers unknown.  But trust is growing like the steady rhythm of a trotting mare.  Each bend, each hill has new treasures to see.  New beauty unfolds with each passing cloud.  My time slips by but I don't want it to.  So I catch each moment of astounding beauty and I try to hold on to it, to remember it for the days when I am stuck inside and my stress levels rise and beauty is hard to find and I forget that I am loved and I am His. 

This is my son of whom I am well pleased...The verse runs through my mind.  This is my daughter of whom I am well pleased...REally? I think to myself can He love me like that?  To so deeply belong....It hits me. I am His and He is mine and just like I know that each new turn will bring new beauty and I do not doubt that glories untold await over the next mountain top...I do not have to worry that the beauty and joy in my life will never come or be seen again.  I do not have to desperately hold on to that which is good in fear that I will never hold or see epicness again...It will just come because I am His. 

Wholeness, Healing, reconciliation, trust, love, freedom....my heart...all His.  His again...wholly His.  I am so so thankful for every relationship, every moment and each individual God has brought into my life.  Even the ones that have been players in my greatest pain I love more than anything and would give anything to bless them. I would not change a single moment of my life. the old, the tangled ...even the awkward because God has created such beauty with each person and each situation. And I wait in eager expectation because summer has come and new beauty surrounds me and beckons me over each mountain top.  I do not fear tomorrow because I am His daughter. 

Comments

Popular Posts